|Nominal duration||6 sem. (180 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||PLN5,000.00 per semester|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Polish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
An elite and interdisciplinary program
This program encompasses both general and specialist knowledge in the field of economics and management. The students will know how to understand the processes that govern world and local economies and how to use the tools available to make financially responsible decisions.
The program will show students how the financial markets function, how to analyze financial situation of a company, how to make financially responsible decisions. The students will also learn how to secure financially economic activity, how to use the means the company has effectively and how to judge their use.
The Finance program at the Faculty of Economics of Poznan University of Economics and Business is changing. For Bachelor program we are going to obtain CFA accreditation – University Recognition Program. Now we are finishing the adjustment of our program to CFA’s requirements. In spring our application to CFA Institute will be sent, thus it is possible that incoming students will be included in the program.
The purpose of this program is to recognize the efforts of academic institutions that embed a significant portion of the CFA ® Program Candidate Body of Knowledge™ (CBOK), including the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct, into their curricula. With this accreditation, students enhance their preparation for the CFA examinations after graduation.
The Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) credential is the most respected and recognized investment management designation in the world. The CFA Program provides a strong foundation of advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills that will give you a career advantage.
Established in 1962, the CFA Program sets the global standard for investment knowledge, standards, and ethics. Earning the credential can serve as a passport to entry or advancement within the investment profession around the world. The designation tells clients, employers, and colleagues that the Charterholder has mastered a rigorous curriculum covering a broad range of investment topics and that he or she is committed to the highest ethical standards in the profession.
With CFA You can gain:
– International Recognition – Employers and media around the world praise the CFA designation
– Credibility – Clients and colleagues regard you with a presumption of expertise
– Respect – Your efforts connect you with the prestige of existing charterholders
– Competitive Advantage – Employers and clients require professionals who demonstrate competence in implementing international investment strategies
– Knowledge with a Global Perspective – A practice analysis is conducted every five years to determine a globally relevant, broad-based curriculum.
– Connections – You join the more than 100,000 charterholders who are active investment professionals with senior responsibility
AREAS OF STUDY
The program is based on four major areas:
- Accounting, selected courses: Corporate and business accounting, Managerial accounting, Tax systems,
- Finance, selected courses: Public finance, Corporate finance, Local government finance and EU financial system, Behavioral finance,
- Insurance, selected courses: Personal and commercial insurance,
- Management, selected courses: Private asset and wealth management, Portfolio management.
Because of our analytical approach to the functioning of companies combined with necessary and up-to-date theoretical knowledge graduates of this program have numerous opportunities of employment, for example in:
- financial and accounting departments as a financial analysts or brokers,
- public sector – various positions,
- corporations as advisors, portfolio managers or head accountants,
- establishing their own companies.