|Nominal duration||6 sem. (180 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||PLN4,900.00 per semester|
|Registration fee||PLN85.00 one-time|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
Number of places available: 36.
All the documents in languages other than English or Polish must be translated into one of these languages
Sustainable economic growth and the creation of welfare for individuals and whole societies worldwide calls for professionals who know how to manage the businesses and processes embedded in the most vibrant locations such as the new economies (e.g. BRIC countries – Brazil, Russia, India and China) and other countries perceived as emerging markets located in Eastern Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa. Emerging markets are increasingly used as a place for business of growing number of enterprises. International corporations open new subsidiaries there to reach new sales markets. Those enterprises need well educated people to manage their businesses in those markets. There is a lack of educational offer on the market which would focus on these specific regions. International Management covers this gap and offers a multi-disciplinary approach to study both economic and business environments of these countries as well as theory and practice in the field of management of different size and type of organizations.
What can you gain from your studies at the International Management?
- Understanding of business and management issues embedded in emerging markets (factors behind their high economic growth, the evolution of business environment of these markets, business opportunities and threats (risks) accompanying emerging markets’ growth, understanding of finance, managing people, operations, policy and the strategy of running a business in emerging markets)
- Through group work, you will develop skills in teamworking and leadership, as well as analytical skills and abilities in solving complex business problems in volatile emerging markets
- Through working with people from other cultures and with different backgrounds, you will develop your interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and abilities in solving strategic problems connected with the cultural diversity and political risks
AREAS OF STUDY
- Introductory courses: Microeconomics; Macroeconomics; Quantitative methods; Fundamentals of finance; Fundamentals of marketing; Introduction to management; Fundamentals of law
- Intermediate courses: Strategic management; HRM; Managerial accounting; Marketing in emerging markets; Institutions and politics in emerging markets; Entrepreneurship in emerging markets; International economic relations in emerging economies; Corporate governance; Foreign languages
- Advanced courses: Doing business in emerging Asia, in emerging Europe, in emerging Africa, in emerging America; Data science; New venture creation in emerging markets; Corporate crisis management; E-business in emerging markets; Cultural diversity & customer relations; Classes in industry; Foreign languages
The International Management program develops the skills necessary to start a career as:
- a highly qualified specialist in different types of organization (a variety of businesses, non-profit organizations, public administration units, local, regional or national government)
- managers of operational, financial, analytical departments in international corporations or small and medium enterprises (SMEs) operating on a national and international scale
- business people, running their own firms in emerging markets